At CHEK ABC, during the COVID-19 crisis, we place the safety of students, families and staff at our highest concern. We are carefully following our Emergency Response Plan and various directives as outlined by the BC Ministry of Health, the BC Health Officer and the BC Ministry of Education. While the situation changes quickly, we continue to monitor and adapt as required. Currently, we have adopted the following changes:
1) Our local Learning Centres and group activities have been suspended until it is deemed safe to operate them again.
2) Special Education Assistants, various support therapies and third-party lessons have been moved to an online format.
3) Staff, Individualized Education Program and family meetings are being operated in an online only format. Home visits by our teachers have been suspended in favour of online or phone meetings.
4) We have added additional computer subscriptions for families to trial.
5) We are in the process of developing a roster of weekly online classes for K-9 students for the 2020-2021 school year.
6) Our Central Office at 810-Tenth Street, Nelson is currently closed to the public. Families may call ahead and leave deliveries on the front landing and a staff member will collect them.
7) We continue to use UPS and Canada Post as preferred methods for resource drop-offs and pick-ups.
8) Most of our staff are working out of their home offices, with a skeleton staff in the building each day. Staff are practicing social distancing within the building.
9) Staff office phones are forwarded to their cell phone during office hours, when working at home.
10) Our Central Office is on an increased frequent touch zone sanitization cycle.
11) Central Office hours have been adjusted to 8:00 A.M. to 2:30 P.M. Mondays-Thursdays and closed on Fridays
12) CHEK ABC staff are required to stay at home if they are ill and not return to work until it is deemed safe to do so.
If you have any questions about any of our COVID-19 response practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org